http is based on request-response model. If you don't send requests, there will be no responses from any servers at all.
If you have a lot of blogs and news groups to read frequently, the request-response behaviors will cost you time to examine each content source respectively. Unfortunately, you may check into websites that have no updates since you checked in last time.
RSS 2.0 is a syndication standard using XML. With RSS 2.0, you can subscribe to the source feeds in RSS 2.0 format. Many RSS 2.0 readers can keep an unread list for you, so that you always see the latest updates from the information sources you subscribe to.
pp. 183-185 of Textbook.
2. 一篇部落格是否只能使用一個標籤，如果不是，請舉出反例。 參考標籤(tag，或稱label)的定義，使用標籤有什麼好處? 標籤與分類有何不同?
3. 閱讀 Ten steps to better blogs， 然後寫下你的心得。
5. Watch the video recording of KF Lee's keynote speech on WWW 2008 Beijing on Cloud computing. Feel free to write what you think.
Inventor of the internet technology packet switching, Leonard Kleinrock
" Dr. Leonard Kleinrock created the basic principles of packet switching, the technology underpinning the Internet, while a graduate student at MIT. This was a decade before the birth of the Internet which occurred when his host computer at UCLA became the first node of the Internet in September 1969."
"In 1989 he invented the World Wide Web, an internet-based hypermedia initiative for global information sharing while at CERN, the European Particle Physics Laboratory. He wrote the first web client and server in 1990. His specifications of URIs, HTTP and HTML were refined as Web technology spread." He will serve as a keynote speaker at WWW2008.
Professional blogs have labels. In this lab, you will learn how to put labels on your blogs to make them look professional.
1. Check into your blog homepage.
2. Enter "自訂"
3. Follow the steps to create Label Block by drag and drops.
4. Get back to your existing blog posts. Fill the blanks at the field Labels (文章的標籤).
5. Save the changes.
6. Back to the blog and check if the labels come up.
Outlines of Lab
1. download Firefox 2.0
2. control font size
3. tabbed browsing
4. subscribe to the course blog
5. Using bookmarks to test RSS feed
1. Easy control of font size (try ctrl+ & ctrl- as many times as you like)
2. tabbed browsing (try ctrlT)
3. RSS feed, and support of Blog. Use the RSS feed from http://iapblog.blogspot.com/
to subscribe to it. Also subscribe to your own blog.
If your Firefox didn't work, you should check settings about proxy. It should be set as proxy.cycu.edu.tw at port 3128.
2. Check into CommunityWalk
which offers step-by-step tools to create personal maps.
Use the "create a map" function to start your own map.
3. Enter the CYCU coordinates to produce a code snippet that you can put into your blog. The code is under Share/Export tab.
4. Copy and paste the code snippet into your blog just like you are writing your own blog post. Publish it.
5. 同一張地圖上，新增 中原大學郵局 電學大樓 兩個地標
3. 建立一個連結到課程網站 http://iapblog.blogspot.com/
4. 日後請將你的隨堂練習與作業寫在你的 blog, 然後到
Homework 或 Lab 的Comment 登錄作業blog網址就可以了.
a. blog需正確設定時區顯示時間 。
How to insert a link at the following comment, please use the following HTML code.