1. Finish Lab Shopping comparison.
2. Why are Skype so successful as VoIP software?
1. Skype, Gizmo, and Google Talk
2. Read Appendix A of Textbook.
3. Please comment the following news coverage in your own blog.
Get familiar with Firefox
Hands on Lab
1. Easy control of font size (try ctrl+ & ctrl- as many times as you like)
2. tabbed browsing (try ctrlT)
3. RSS feed, and support of Blog. Use the RSS feed from http://iapblog.blogspot.com/
to subscribe to it. Also subscribe to your own blog.
If your Firefox didn't work, you should check settings about proxy. It should be set as proxy.cycu.edu.tw at port 3128.
2. Why there are 8 bits in a byte? 7 bits should suffice to represent English well.
Place: 電子 416
Grading Policy: Participation (Presence, Challenging and Answers, Proactiveness) 50%, Homework 50%
Instructor: Associate Professor Yao-Jen Chang
1. 張耀仁，劉永信, 電子商務系統, 高立書局, 2001年1月三版.
Firefox, RSS, Blog, Google, Skype, VoIP, P2P, All IP Network
Origin, Evolution, WWW, HTTP
(Chapter 2 of textbook)
3. Web 技術
State of the art, N-Tier architecture, HTML, CGI, Database, design for scalability
(Appendix of textbook)
4. Web Services
XML, SOAP, WSDL
Public Key Infrastructure, Digital Signature, SSL, Firewall, NAT, Watermark
(Chapter 3 of textbook)
Accessibility, principles, implementations, verification, certification
search results of related coverage.
1. Try to change the settings of your blog to let it look nicer, for example,
a better look and feel by a new template, able to show Chinese and local Taipei time, anti-vandalism, and so on.
2. Take a look at a very classic blog http://www.chieftain.idv.tw
What can you learn from this blog?
3. Install Skype and try it. What's your user experience?
4. In your opinions, why do eBay want to merge Skype?
5. eBay acquires Skype.
6. Skype, Gizmo, and Google Talk
7. Read Appendix A of Textbook.
Due 09/23/2005 at 13:00
1. Use google to search for number of users that already blog.
2. Tour total track of record at 4-year campus life. Good for all courses taken under one account.
3. Turn in exercises and homework
4. Leave essences of study materials for self recorder or open discussions
5. Teachers leave their comments and suggestions any time. Personally but openly.
6. Maintain regular discussion no matter where you are.