2. Use Google to search webpages that contains some bad words.
3. Try whether the filtering take effects.
- Cookie, what it is and how it works
- GreaseMonkey, post-processing the webpages for Firefox
- GreaseMonkey (油猴子) 支援佳，很欣賞
- 適合大量中文撰寫，例如e-mail, 論壇, 部落格
Install Greasemonkey 0.8. Check the lower right corner of your Firefox and you should find a monkey at the right. Note that you must run the
- Cookie Monster - Show cookie contents: Shows the contents of the current page cookie. Just mouse over the "Cookie" text on the bottom left. Check what cookies http://www.nytimes.com writes to you. Does our class blog use cookie or not? Does Google use cookie?
- You can turn off Greasemonkey by clicking on the monkey face at the URL bar of Firefox. Click again to activate Greasemonkey.
- Also install Web Developer Toolbar to examine cookies.
2. Start writing.
3. Publish the Word document.
4. What's the URL of your document.
5. Add the Google Docs to your personal portal. At the portal page, you should be able to see the active documents.
6. Save your document as .doc and .pdf, the two common formats for documents.
Hint: This is a sample Word document.
Google “Docs & Spreadsheets” Launches ,Oct 2006
The Google account is the same as your Blogger account.
2. Rearrange the templates. And perhaps remove blocks that you don't need.
3. Add new stuff. For now add the Google Reader, Google Docs, Google Group, Google Calendar, and GMail. You should be able to see the subscriptions in the Google Reader block of your personal portal.
Inventor of the internet technology packet switching, Leonard Kleinrock
" Dr. Leonard Kleinrock created the basic principles of packet switching, the technology underpinning the Internet, while a graduate student at MIT. This was a decade before the birth of the Internet which occurred when his host computer at UCLA became the first node of the Internet in September 1969."
"In 1989 he invented the World Wide Web, an internet-based hypermedia initiative for global information sharing while at CERN, the European Particle Physics Laboratory. He wrote the first web client and server in 1990. His specifications of URIs, HTTP and HTML were refined as Web technology spread." He will serve as a keynote speaker at WWW2008.
Advantages of using Firefox.
Outlines of Lab
1. download Firefox 3.5.8
2. control font size
3. tabbed browsing
4. subscribe to the course blog
5. Using bookmarks to test RSS feed
1. Easy control of font size (try ctrl+ & ctrl- as many times as you like)
2. tabbed browsing (try ctrlT)
3. RSS feed, and support of Blog. Use the RSS feed from http://iapblog.blogspot.com/
to subscribe to it. Also subscribe to your own blog.
If your Firefox didn't work, you should check settings about proxy. It should be set as proxy.cycu.edu.tw at port 3128.
Note: Firefox is based on Mosaic.
Professional blogs have labels. In this lab, you will learn how to put labels on your blogs to make them look professional.
1. Check into your blog homepage.
2. Enter "自訂"
3. Follow the steps to create Label Block by drag and drops.
4. Get back to your existing blog posts. Fill the blanks at the field Labels (文章的標籤).
5. Save the changes.
6. Back to the blog and check if the labels come up.
2. Yahoo 目前遭遇了什麼問題? 為什麼? 請閱讀 The end of Yahoo as we knew it (netWorker, Dec. 2008) 然後加以回答。
Due 3/08/2010 at 19:00
2. Enter the CYCU coordinates to produce a code snippet that you can put into your blog. The code is under Share/Export tab.
3. Copy and paste the code snippet into your blog just like you are writing your own blog post. Publish it.