2. Given the the XML file and XSLT file at http://architag.com/tag/Article.asp?v=15&i=7&p=1&s=1
use Xray to do the transformation of the XML into HTML.
3. View the formatted HTML file
2. Enter Ctrl-B to activate Bookmark.
3. Go to http://news.yam.com
and look for the subscription button at the lower right corner.
4. Make the subscription step by step.
5. Take a look at the Bookmark at your left. Open the Yam News and start browsing news pieces.
Apply an XML style sheet to generate an HTML file from XML.
1. find the best rate of USD remission
2. Zip Code
3. Stock Quote
SOAP Monitor is used to monitor the Web Service activities.
4. purchase a Hawaii tour with ait tkts, hotel, car rental and golf course
What is SOAP?
SOAP is the Simple Object Access Protocol. It is used for information exchange and RPC, usually (but not necessarily) over HTTP. More information can be found at:
Developmentor SOAP FAQ: http://www.soaprpc.com/faqs/SoapFAQ.html
W3C specifications: http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/
What is WSDL?
WSDL is the Web Service Description Language. It provides a formal description of a web service, much like CORBA's IDL. The WSDL file is all you need to know how to call the web service; toolkits can generate proxy code from a WSDL file directly. The official WSDL definition is at http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl.
Explore Google search web service.
Developers write software programs that connect remotely to the Google Web APIs service. Communication is performed via the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), an XML-based mechanism for exchanging typed information.
If you have questions, you can check into FAQ.
1. Take a close look at Web Service Description Language (WSDL 1.1) description of interface for Google searching
2. Download the web service API of Google search at http://www.google.com/apis/download.html
The download package includes
Google's own Java wrapper for the API SOAP calls
JAF 1.0.1 (activation.jar)
3. You need to create an account at Google to use the web service. Be sure to have an email box to receive the license key.
If you don't, just use this one nQ4ETIdQFHKlGxLZjj+2c8klYflwDzoK
4. Open the DOS command window and prepare to run Java.
java -cp googleapi.jar com.google.soap.search.GoogleAPIDemo [key] search Foo
5. Take a close look at the XML output, which is the result of your search.
How to use Form to invoke a remote service through CGI.
1. Copy the search box of this search page,
inlcuding radio buttons, text input, and submit button.
2. Open your Nvu HTML editor.
3. Open a new empty HTML file.
4. Paste the search box into this new file.
5. Add a Form to this search box.
6. Set Action="http://google.com/search" and name of Form as "f" and method as "get"
(See Hint if it does not work.)
7. Run your HTML by Firefox. What do you get?
8. Set method as "post"
9. Run your HTML by Firefox. What do you get?
Test Drive a web service
1. Take a look at the schema of Zip Code Web Service.
2. Use the lincense key eUhOTOJs9D2mcHU6SiL0CyMQvpJ3I3PqR2/fpRq4BOApWxzSzw7wD2FQ2mOmHEk+pq6iRBomQ4wuQl5EGOgfCitYgkQ3N4vl
to use this web service or subsbcribe to it at Zip codes lookup To apply for the license key by yourselves, be sure to have an email box to receive it.
2. Click GetPlacesInside and play with this operation
3. Enter 61801 as zip code and see what you get in the result.
4. Try again 92345 as zip code
Question: Why do you need a license key to use the service?
(page 188~193 of Text)
Lab VI: Using HTML Form
(page 187~188 of Text)
Subscribe to Yam News XML by Firefox.
Lab VII: Test drive a web service with XML.
like the blog at http://maplepoem.blogspot.com/2005/03/blog-post_111070085865304732.html
1. You can copy and paste the content to your Nvu.
2. Take a look at the HTML 標籤, HTML 原始碼
3. Save your editings and preview your webpage using Firefox
4. Create a clickable link at the term 中原大學 so that
this link goes to http://www.cycu.edu.tw
5. Make the webpage accessible by
(1) adding ALT text to the images and
(2) adding a title to the URL link at Step 4.
6. Take a second look at the HTML 標籤, HTML 原始碼
Look for the differences you have made after doing Step 4 & Step 5.
7. Save your editings again and preview your webpage using Firefox
8. Download web accessibility validator Freego
9. Use Freego to examine whether your webpage is accessible.
"通過"的欄位應該是 Yes 才算通過
Make comments on each of these critiques.
2. RSS and Atom are two methods that can be used to support site feed. Explain RSS and Atom with examples.
[Hint: Blog uses Atom as site feed. At Step 4 of Lab IV, you already learn how to locate the Atom file of the blog. Yam News uses RSS. View its source and try to find the URL following "rss+xml"]
利用 Post your comment 貼上你的blog 第三次作業時, 請註明 "作業三"
同時讓 "作業三" 這三個字可以直接點選進入到你的作業三,
1. Read page 181~195, page 41~46
1. set date language to Chinese (Taiwan), 進入 Settings-> Formatting
2. set Time Zone to Taipei, 進入 Settings-> Formatting
3. set Comment Timestamp format to 星期 一, 三月十四日, 2005, 07:48:00 下午,
4. Take a look at the site feed, 進入 Settings-> Site Feed
5. At your own blog, create a clickable link back to http://iapblog.blogspot.com 進入 Posting-> Create
6. Create a new blog, and then delete it. 進入 Settings-> Basic
What happens if you just want Taoyuan's temperature?
If you want to include Taoyuan's temperature in your Theme
Park homepage, is there any solution?
the need of XML
- Separation of data from data processor
- Seperation of data from presentation
- HTML for machine-human interaction
- XML for machine-machine interaction
- Without human involvement, automation of business systems can be accelerated.
2. Read W3C/WAI
a. How many guidelines are there in WAI?
b. For each guideline, name a website as its counterexample by providing its URL and
the guideline it violates.
3. Reading Assignment: (C) Appendix A
Due 3/14/2005 at 18:50
Hands on Lab
1. Easy control of font size (try ctrl+ & ctrl- as many times as you like)
2. tabbed browsing (try ctrlT)
3. RSS feed, and support of Blog. Use the RSS feed from http://iapblog.blogspot.com/
to subscribe to it. Also subscribe to your own blog.
If your Firefox didn't work, you should check settings about proxy. It should be set as proxy.cycu.edu.tw at port 3128.